Monday, May 28, 2007

Microwaved curry blows up on BA flight

BRITISH Airways has banned cabin crew from microwaving their own food after a curry exploded at 35,000 ft (10,668 metres), causing around $US40,000 ($48,790) of damage to an aircraft.

A fire extinguisher was used to tackle the blaze on April 30 on a Heathrow to Miami flight, when the high-powered microwave ignited a ready meal that a stewardess had bought from a supermarket.

"The fire lasted only a couple of seconds," said a BA spokesman. "As a precaution a specialist extinguisher was used in the microwave. However, at no time was there any danger to passengers or the aircraft."

Funeral Home Invests $100,000 In A Three-Wheeled Harley And Carriage-Style Hearse